Call us to discuss your painting requirements
Product Recommendations Based on Resin Systems
· Epoxy - Epoxies offer coatings with excellent mechanical and chemical resistance properties when used on interior applications or for exterior applications where changes in color, gloss and appearance are acceptable. Generally epoxies are not recommended for exterior application because of rapid loss of gloss and color when exposed outdoors.
· Hybrid Epoxy/Polyester - Hybrids offer most of the advantages of the epoxies in mechanical and chemical resistance properties and offer brighter colors than many epoxy formulations. They are sometimes more economical than epoxies but do have less solvent resistance. Hybrids are also not recommended for exterior applications where changes in color, gloss and appearance are not acceptable.
· Urethane Polyester - UrethanePolyester powders are thin film exterior durable coatings that offer good mechanical and chemical resistance properties in the range of 1 to 2.5 mils. These powders can be used both on interior and exterior applications. They are not recommended for films greater than 4 to 5 mils.
· Polyester TGIC or HAA - Polyester powders are exterior durable coatings that allow more flexibility at thicker films than polyester urethane. Thickness of 3 to 6 mils offers good mechanical properties. These coatings will also cure at lower temperatures than the polyester urethanes. They do have less flow than the polyester urethane which offers better edge coverage, but has a very slight eggshell texture. The super durable versions offer better UV resistance.
· High Temperature - Two versions, one with continuous serviceable temperatures of 400° to 450°F and intermittent serviceable temperatures up to 700°F. The second offers
continuous serviceable temperatures up to 800°F and intermittent serviceable temperatures up to 1100°F. Both offer excellent corrosion and exterior durable characteristics along with their heat resistant properties.
· Acrylic - Acrylic based powders offer excellent hardness, chemical solvent, stain resistance with exceptional weathering and heat resistance.
RAL is a standardized color system for powder coating colors. They are readily available. If you have an alternate color code we can tell you which RAL color is the closest without spending extra for a custom color.
All parts are cleaned and oven dried prior to be painted. We have a 3 to 6 step process for cleaning and use an iron phosphate pre-treatment for steel items. We use an etchant soap for aluminum or stainless steel items. Some folks will only sandblast parts prior to painting but powder painting experts believe cleaning with an etchant soap, like we use, is still necessary for long life.
It is best to see your project first hand. Stop in during our business hours to get an estimate. Our address is 1070 Pine St., Schofield, WI.
Email us your request for quote with prints or pictures. We will contact you regarding your request with two business days. Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't get to our facility? Give us a call at 715-359-3141.
For an individual color run, the minimum charge is $75.
If the part can be added to a run of the same color, the minimum is $15.
We paint a variety of colors every week so please ask.
Copyright © 2022 Quality Surface Processing - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder